Saturday, April 25, 2015

Edmonton is beautiful.

Not everyone can see the beauty in the city. But there are some perspectives not everyone knows about.

I was born in the Misericordia hospital in 1982. I grew up in Saint Albert, Little Polish family,  french immersion. And when my parents split, my world feel apart. I was a 12 year old from a broken home and in the perfect world of St Albert I was devastated.
I was that twelve year old, whose mom had to work nights. Whose brother was a restless angry teenager. Whose father didn't have the drive to man and be a dad.
My mother left my father in 1994, took us from our home and moved us into one of those massive housing complexes.
That's  where I learned to smoke. I remember the first time I invited someone over, one of the neighborhood kids and he stole the five bucks I had laying on my counter. I didn't see it coming.

St Albert was beautiful. Divorce and broken homes are beautiful.

My mother moved me to Poland when I turned 13. I lived in a small rural community with my grandmother for a year.

I moved back to Edmonton 

No comments:

Post a Comment